Saturday, July 09, 2005

Categories for tags (over 30 collections !)

(To follow the discussion you need to start reading from the bottom of this site.)

I am looking for online videos that are free to watch, good quality and gives information about physical exercises. We are collecting links to a public link collection at www.blinklist.com . Links are recognized by keywords called “tags” and we are using “XO” to make a category for physical exercises.

I recommend using XO, but if you forget it, it is not a problem. Blinklinks are easily searched. Just make your links public so that others can see them too. You can also email me links and I will publish them, if you don’t want to register to Blinklist.

I searched for online videos yesterday. A very good source is Yahoo video search. I have not exported much links from there yet. Looks like there are more videos online than I was expecting. To make our collection of links more useful we might need a taxonomy? (Maybe we will use one from a library in future?)

At the moment we might tag our links using tags like:
xo, budo, karate, judo, aikido, martial arts, collection, technique, show, presentation, television program, documentary, exercise, instructions, education, rehabilitation, aging, “video format”, “duration”, “address”.

Using keywords is a personal thing. We have our one unique way of thinking and in small collections like this, we can use personal taxonomies. (If the link collection is published on a library website, it needs to be restructured.

6 comments:

Mind Valley said...

Hi Hannu - thanks for writing about us. By the way, did you know that one of the developers of Blinklist is also a Finn by the name of Hannu :-). I am one of the other developers, and I am also a big fan of martial arts (2nd Dan Tae Kwan Do). I enjoy your martial arts links on BlinkList. - Vishen

Mind Valley said...

Hi Hannu,

Great to see that you are enjoying blinklist. I noticed the "BlinkRSS" button on your blog and wanted to let you know that in addition to just the button, you can also syndicate your blinklist content back to your blog.

For example, if you want to show the 10 most recently added "XO" links in your blog, just go to the "XO" tag on blinklist and click on the "Blink RSS" button. It then has instructions on how to syndicate the content. Basically all you have to do is copy and paste the code that we give you.

Let me know if you have any questions. Mike (another member of the blinklist team)

Tom Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some alternative book care health
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out alternative book care health

Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your blog. I have a website on karate technique that you might find of interest. Here's the link. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I trained in judo and karate for many years. I was looking for blogs having to do with judo and came across yours. Nice blog. I have my own have my own mixed style school now that offers most of the traditional judo techniques. Come have a look at it if you want.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about sports and wellness and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about sports and wellness so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!